• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound just gone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Now this is weird.
Last night I "upgraded" my brothers PC with new PSU Antec 480W and 6800GT. Connected it to Internet so downloaded a few WinXP fixes and patches, all installed nicely. Put everything back the way it was. Boot, OK, drivers for the card. All fine and dandy. Tried games... everything works.

Went to my room to play with my new Opty and Ultra-D (damn that thing is not easy to o/c) but got called back pretty soon. There was no sound in any of the games. I did the usual. Reboot, reinstall, check Device Manager, DxDiag... No go. Everything seems to work, but no sound comes out from speakers. I fool around with 2, 4, surround and stuff settings, still no go. Thing is he has integrated soundcard, so there are no cables to connect except speakers, which worked like 10 minutes ago (and still work on my PC)

I have no idea what is going on :/ Any ideas guys?

specs

Abit IC7 (latest BIOS)
P4 2.6 @ 3.1
1Gig RAM
GF 6800GT

Back