• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT, Installed Silencer, want to OC more, possible problems? Also BIOS Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rav

Have an old BFG 6800GT, which I had been running at 385/1100 fine. Installed a NV Silencer which dropped temps 15C or so. I was testing at 425/1150 and it ran 3DM06 fine. During a game a noticed one of those 'pauses' where it just stops for a few seconds and continues. From what I've read this is caused by the GPU correcting for errors when you OC too much? I've experienced it before when I tried to OC past 385, but that was with stock cooling. Haven't had any artifacts so far.

I was thinking of using NiBiTor to modify the BIOS for higher voltage, I have the option to go from 1.3v to 1.4v, which I think should be safe with improved cooling? I wanted to set it up to return to stock 350 clock and voltage when in 2D mode, but that part is grayed out. I've been trying to find the "Ultra GT" BIOS that uses Ultra clock speed/votlage and GT memory timings.

Thanks for any help.

-Rav

Back