• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let us know what ram your 7900 has.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Perfect

For all you people who've gotten their hands on a 7900 card, could you let us know if your card has the Samsung K4J55323QG-BC14(700MHz), the Samsung K4J55323QG-BC12(800MHz) ram or something completely different? The number should be printed on the ram chips. The nVidia 7900GT reference card [H] had was using the BC14, so if there are any cards that are actually using the 800MHz(1.6GHz effective) parts they should provide more headroom for OCing the ram.

What kind of clocks are ya'll getting from your EVGA's? I have one on order from Monarch and I'm ding to get it.

ram seems to top out at 784 for me and core at 560 but im pretty sure all it needs is voltage all the higher clocked cards start off with more voltage dont they ?

Last edited:
BFG has the BC14 too. Autodetect suggested 550/800 and I just tested it to work fine. Driver reports GPU temps up to 71 in rtdrbl (hottest I can get it) but at stock (475/680) it gets up to 68+ anyway.

Going to try for more now, but 550/800 is pretty darned fast...even in my Pentium D 3Ghz

I have a EVGA 7900GT CO stock at 500/1500. I am going to watercool it with a swiftech MCW60 GPU block (the newest one). After some research it appears that what is really holding these new cards back is the voltage. Since they all have the new core, they are able to run well on low voltage, with really low heat output and power consumption. If you are not faint of heart, and know a bit about electronics. Here is a thread I found for volt modding the 7900GT / 7900GTX and 7600GT.
I have not actually finished building my comp yet ;) lol (TJ07 - see http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=449081)

Here is the link for volt modding. hopefully mid next week I will be able to post some hard facts and results. http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3330&s=2

ENJOY :D

well im confused, my evga 7900gtx memory says k4j52324qc-bj11 on it. which is neither of those two listed above

the last 2 numbers is actually the latency of the ram if i am not mistaken. All of us with 7900GT are pretty much all having the 1.4ns ram.(i.e. BC14) those with 7900GTX have the 1.1ns ram (BJ11).

well i got the gtx all up and running, but this ram gets HOT. I need some active cooling for these ocz bga ramsinks, my hdd fan isn't enough. Anyone have any suggestions?

Back