• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is my O/C? Screenshot included

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hello,

My build is as follows:

* CPU: AMD Opteron 146
* Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D
* Graphics Card: eVGA Nvidia 6800Gs
* Power Supply: OCZ Powerstream 520W
* RAM: Crucial Ballistix PC3200 (2×512mb 2-2-2-6)
* Hard Drive: WD SE16 250GB Sata2
* Optical: Samsung WriteMaster DVD Burner
* Monitor: Viewsonic E90FB

I have gotten my rig all set up so I started to O/C it. The best I have gotten so far is my Opty 146 at 2700Mhz (Could go to 2750) at stock voltage and on stock cooling. My ram made it up to 302Mhz at 3-3-3-6 so I put it at 1:1 with my fsb and cranked my CPU to 2700Mhz and tighten the timings a little. The result is this:

finaloc1bp.jpg

I think it seems to be a pretty good O/C at stock volts and air cooling. What do you guys think? Is that a good 1M score? Anything I could do to improve this O/C?

Thanks

Set the RAM back to 3-3-3-6, then lower the multi on the CPU to 9x and raise the FSB to 300. Your CPU overclock will be the same, but the memory bandwidth will increase, which will result in better benchmark scores. That's pretty nice though. And this is with the crappy aluminum stock cooler at stock volts? At 29c? No way, those screenshots are fake!! Lol

I might try what you said about the ram, 300x9 would still give me 2700 on my cpu but id be getting 300 on my ram! How clever.

And no the screenie isnt fake, but the temps do seem to read quite low, 28 idle 38 load is what I usually get. I heard their are temp reading problems with smartgurdian some times, but MBM5 reads the same.

Any other comments on the O/C and not the temps ;)

Those temps sound about right. My 144 290x9 at 1.45V loads at about 42C, so stock voltage at a little bit higher clocks at 38C sounds about right. punch the voltage up a little (don't go too much with the stock cooler) and you might reach close to 3ghz.

Since that's a single core, you should be able to get near 3 Ghz with around 1.5v, so go for it, just make sure your load temps don't go over 50c (by more than maybe 1-2 degrees). At least go for 2900mhz, which is about what a lot of people are getting on their single core Optys.

Nevalite said:
Do you guys think if i added .025v it would be able to achieve 2800Mhz?

on my 146 I got 2.7GHz stable on stock voltage. To get 2.75-2.8 stabe it took about 1.45 volts. To get 2.9 stabe about 1.48 volts. to get 3.0GHZ about 1.64volts! and even then not 100% stable. But I would not go any higher than about 1.45-1.48 volts on stock cooling.

Back