• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceReaver75

Registered
1 : I just blew out my system and ran some wire management. My case was a mess and I made some round IDE cables for the hard drives and the disk drives. Spiral wrapped all my other cables from the PSU, ran everything out of the way and tucked away nice. The problem is before I cleaned everything up my case temp was 80 F. I figured cleaning everyting up my temps woud stay the same or maybe be lower. Wrong now my case is running at 102 F. I have 2 80mm fans on the front bottom blowing in. A pci fan blower and the psu fan blowing out. I also have a 80mm fan ducted straight to the CPU fan. Any sugggestions on why my case temps would go up after cleaning up the wires?

2 : My 12 volt rail on my PSU is fluxuating alot. I just went and got a new PSU. I was running a 350 and on the advise from someone else they said it looked like my PSU was going so I went to the local computer store here and told them what i was running and they sold me a 450 and said that should be more than enough to run what I had. The problem is this PSU is giving me the same reading as the 350. It is usually around 8-9 V but will go up to 11 V sometimes and drop as low as 3 V sometimes. Any indication on what might be causeing this to happen?

Any help on either of these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

sounds like inaccurate sensors.

If your computer really was at 8-9v, it would probably be crashing all over the place, if it would even get to Windows/BIOS long enough for you to see it. Use a digital multimeter to test with.

I got the case thing figured out. When I redid the wiring last night I got finished around 3:30 A.M. I was really tired and turned on my computer and when I saw the 101 F case temp I said to myself I'll figure it out in the morning. Well I figured it out. Both my front fans weren't running at all. Got those running this morning and bingo case temps back to 78-80 F. Just a stupid little thing on my part.

Back