• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kaspersky and its results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Meathead

I've been using kaspersky pro version 5.0.383 and it keeps telling me spybot is a virus and irc is a riskware and also a virus. Do I really have something or is it just accidentally picking those up? It also thought distributed.net was a virus but I deleted it a while ago.

Meathead said:
I've been using kaspersky pro version 5.0.383 and it keeps telling me spybot is a virus and irc is a riskware and also a virus. Do I really have something or is it just accidentally picking those up? It also thought distributed.net was a virus but I deleted it a while ago.

I get the same thing about Spybot. I don't know why it is picking that program up, but I just ignore it. I should read up on their forums and see if anything has been said about it there, but I never get around to it.

I guess for half of it my kaspersky was right because I installed distributed.net and kaspersky was saying its a virus but I just ignored it. But I was still trying to figure out why my comp was lagging. I tried uninstalling d.net and it wouldn't so I manually deleted them and now I get no more lag spikes. I don't think I'll ever install that crap called d.net again. Seems it was running in the backround even when I told it not to.

Back