• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need an opinion on this RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

Hey everyone, I was looking for a bit of RAM for my computer. I would like some dual channel RAM, I have 512MB (2x256) Running in dual channel right now, and I was looking to add another 512 to run in dual channel as well (2x256)

I saw this on tigerdirect, since we have a store out here.

US Modular RAM PC2700

Thanks in Advance!

Do you OC? If so, I wouldn't go cheap on the RAM. I learned my lesson in the past and can say that those sticks timings aren't gonna be very tight. For the general user, sure. For an OCer, probably not. If you have some sticks in there currently, match them up with whatever you plan on buying. That way with an OC (if you do), your memory should play well together. What are you system specs?

Well, I don't quite OC yet, I want to actually be able to afford things first lol. Maybe someday, but not on this rig, my specs are actually in a recent post that I made

PSU opinion

I have 512MB (2x256) of Hyundai RAM lol, OEM stuff, and it's pretty good, the heatspreaders that I put on them are working quite well, I'd say about 20-25% increase in efficiency with the spreaders, where would I be able to buy Hyundai RAM if they sell it? I would like to match with what I have in there. Thanks!

No idea Hyundai sold RAM, but if no overclocking, for $39 bucks I'd go with your choice. Out of curiosity, what's your FSB at? If I were you I'd sell the sticks you have, save the money for the us Robo sticks, and get a cheap gig pc3200 set.

EDIT: Here we go. If you can get about $30 for your set in the classifieds, do this. That is, if your P4 is a prescott running at 200Mhz FSB.

Back