• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage vs Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guillaume

I feel like tinkering with my o/c, it's been so long :)
Right now I'm perfectly stable at a decent o/c (see sig).
I was wondering, is it ok to increase voltage as long as the temps stay within safe range? Or can you damage the CPU even if the temps stay ok? For instance, I want my a64 4000 to stay below 60C at load. Does it matter if I find out I have to feed it 1.7V?

I was wondering, is it ok to increase voltage as long as the temps stay within safe range?

sure but if our cpu gain from voltage and your temp are ok so u can increase voltage
between i hate anythings over 50c (to stay in safe range)

Or can you damage the CPU even if the temps stay ok?
as said abrouve if cpu gain form addtional voltage so u can bump it if u have good temp

those who have extreme cooling -50c dont set voltage to 2v+ in their A64 they can keep the temp cool enough for 2v but the cpu will burn instantly

Does it matter if I find out I have to feed it 1.7V?
i really dont sugest to go over 1.6-1.65v for air cooling ecpecially if your temp will go over 50c
so u are good enough @ the moment u can test who much u can get form your ship with 1.6.5v if it worth the deal so buy better heat sink to get temp lower something like 40 or lower load
for 1.7 this a lot in my eyes and it is for extrem cooling

and good luck

guillaume said:
so anyway I tried upping the V, and I need to switch from 1.52V to 1.64V in order to gain 100Mhz. I don't think it's worth the risk.

between in my case i have upped the voltage from 1.55v to 1.62v to get additional 100 mhz this is about 1mv
i dont really know it worth it or not but iam happy with my oc result and my temp( the temp is the only reason i think why i have pusched the vcore that high)
but the choice is alwais for u and for your $$$ :) to push this baby higher or not

it is alwais better to stay safe like u do with 1.55v

you could try to get the most bandwith out of your ram but that seems to help intel's more then AMD's..
like dropping the multi down to 10 and trying to get 280Mhz (and crank up the V to keep the same timings) if your ram has that in it..
if the ram does have that in it you could see if it SPI's better. :shrug:
and you could try burning in the ram..

Back