• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 2k Pro and Scrippting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silverfoot

Here is the challenge.

I have a Win2k Pro machine that I use as an information server. Once a day I back-up the information to a remote location. Access to this remote location requires a login and PW.

In the event of excessive power interupt ( I have a UPS ) I do not want to have to worry about the backup not happening. Is there anyway that I can use a script to ensure that when/if the computer is rebooted it automatically re-connects to the remote storage?

It is a standard network enviroment, no domains. Simple File Sharing is disabled on both the Server and remote storage.

Please help if you have the time. I have been hitting the net but have not ofund anything that makes thing more clear to me.

Thanks in advance :)

You should just be able to map a network drive for the backup rig, connect to it, and tell it to automatically reconnect at startup and remember teh pw.

yeah that sounds like the easiest solution to me. rt click on my computer| map network drive| enter path and user name and password| before you click okay tick the checkbox marled recconect on startup.

Back