• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

old socket a problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1stOVERCLOCKER

hey i got a friend who has a athlonxp1700+palimino and he just installed windows. the first day he had it it worked great fast and everything but now its the second day and its running slow i mean real slow it is also idleing about 40'c give or take and its a naked chip(no ihs) any suggestions its on a biostar mobo and we have overclocked it th 145X11/39pci/off

40c danm my 2800+ xp idels at 40c and im running 2.3. well any ways yea get cpu-z. how cool is your case?? you may need a after market heatsink

Palomino's run very HOT no matter what you do. They are pos's and don't OC worth crap. The most I could ever get outta mine was 134xstock mutli :(

The Tbred B was ussually a pretty good overclocker, the 1700+ I seem to remember being able to do completly insane things.

Also, your trouble just might be the Biostar mainboard. I've used lots of boards in my time and never have I come across something ****tier than Biostar.

Oh..if the computer slowed down after the overclock...perhaps you shouldn't overclock. Raising the PCI bus like that can cause internal errors in the NB/SB and mess everything up, which could certainly cause the slowdowns you're describing.

itshondo said:
see how it runs at default settings
Ditto .... Trios was spot on about the PCI bus speed and errors I think.
That is where the nForce2 boards with their PCI lock was nice.

And yeah, the Tbred B 1700/1800 are great OCers. Especially the 1.5v variety (DLT3C)

yea I had a Pally 1700+ in my first ever build and it didnt overclock worth a damn...T-breds are the way to go with 1700+ or 1800+

i have checked that in cpu-z and it runs at 145X11=1595mhz 1.6ghz 40'cidle 68'c load ran fast as hell at first but then slowed way down also puts out a smell or burning electrics but cannot trace it i put some as5 on and t cooled to 33 ide but thats it still slow any ideas why also first cpu-z run it said 155X11=1705mhz is it normal for cpus to up cpuspeed when neccesary edit:sry its a 1900+

Back