• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drop in water level

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

isitor

Is a drop of 3 cm in my T-line per month normal? I using 1/2" tubings.
I not sure if the rate is normal. I only using cable-ties without clamps.

Also I dropped my radiator before and there is a dent although can't tell if there is a leak.

Last edited:
Definatly not. Make sure all your clamps are tight and that your rad isnt leaking where you dented it. its possible that you broke a braze or somthing that isnt enough to spring a big leak, but might drip occasionally.

I would leak test your system. if you have a decent amount of antifreeze in your loop, it will show up on paper towel really nicely.

Also, is your T on tight? its possible you are evaporating a bit from the T line. and of course, some tubing absorbs fluid at a certain rate.

The set up has been running for about 3 months, so the bubbles have cleared, but the water level still dropping, I use about 7.5 feet of clearflex tubing and hydrx. I close my t-line with a ball-valve. when I opened it up to top up yesterday there was a little negative pressure as I could hear air rushing thru.
But I don't have an UV lamp to test. But visibly I don't see any water leaking, not sure if it's slow then dries.

what should be the normal rate?
I may go get a UV lamp and also wait another month to check the level as I topped it up all the way to the top of the line easier to judge the water level drop next month.

Last edited:
a bit over an inch a month I would say it's ok for clearflex. Keep in mind there is evaporation thru the tubing and that 3cm(1.18 inch) of water loss in a 1/2" I.D. tube equal 6ml. I wouldn't worry about a few drop of water worth of evaporation...

I get about that much evaporation. We've had weird weather as of late. it jumps between super cool and wet to super dry and hot. The dry/hot has been whats caused a lot of evaporation.

Back