• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to reinstall HAL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TPiarulli

Registered
Someone reccomended reinstalling the HAL to see if my dual core will be recognized. How do I do it? If I do do it will I have to reinstall my programs or anything like that?

well the only way to do it is by doing a windows repair, or reinstalling the windows operating system it self, that way the HAL will be updated.

well if your computer is not showing dual cores in task manager (two cpu's) then you can update the hal. to do this opne control panel| System | expand computer| click on the coresponding current hal (likely acpi uniprocessor) right click and select update driver. Select advanced install| select Don't search I will choose the driver| then select ACPI multiprocessor CPU. you will have to reboot but you shoudl be good to go.

Its worth noting that if you already see two CPU's in taks manager reinstalling the hal will not help.

Back