• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RR64 3.0b1 is out (xgl enabled)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSGentoo

I know that many of the people here have played with the kororaa xgl live cd but this newest RR64 (x86_64 only) fully supports xgl with both gnome and kde (supposedly) and it is easily installable.

I am downloading it as we speak and i have a spare 20 gig partition to install it on and plan on getting back to everybody with my own little 2 minute review.

if anybody else has already played with this , please post your findings here.

I've played with XGL. Great stuff (finally) and no major CPU hit either.
No joy on my Intel i810-based laptop.. probably lack of gl driver support (or just not included on Kororaa)

Just waiting for a major distribution to pick it up and support it. Looks like Novell is leading way with it (they put a lot of effort and cash into it).. may switch to SLED 10 when it's released, but I really prefer my Kubuntu as far as package management is concerned. It's still fairly new, but I forsee that this will get picked up by most desktop oriented distros.

Is RR64 based on Gentoo like Kororaa is?

It is indeed based on Gentoo. Any idea how the Xgl support is handled in KDE? Is it using Compiz for window management or has kwin been patched to support Xgl?

on the rr64 website they say that it works with kde but only with gnome themes

this torrent is taking forever to download, it has been going since yesterday and still onl y at 36% (on my 5Mbps broadband)

Back