• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hiper type r or ocz powerstream

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What will your PSU be powering? System Specs? SLI/CF Setup? Multiple hard drives? Dual Core Processor?

Dom

just asking not planning on getting it any time soon =), but if i was to get a pc i'd go w/ amd x2, crossfire, 2 hds raid 0

soul814 said:
just asking not planning on getting it any time soon =), but if i was to get a pc i'd go w/ amd x2, crossfire, 2 hds raid 0

I would like to see an OCZ Powerstream SLI 520 in your rig, or a Silverstone ST56ZF. They are both 500 watt plus, single rail, high amperage PSU's. Those are the two best reasonably priced choices on the market right now for a single rail setup. Especially as you want to run crossfire. You will most definitely run into problems with many of the dual 12v rail PSU's on a CF setup. Good luck.

Dom

be careful with the hipers!, i had one blew on me about 2 weeks ago, damaged all my components :(, had to RMA it all back, got instant replacements though :D. Giving hiper another go, i think it was a faulty PSU unit!. Motherboard im still waiting for :( should get it by Tuesday :D

Last edited:
Back