• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200 venice in oc'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUtchM30

Registered
im am having the hardest time getting my venice to oc...i cant get it to run stable over 2.4ghz w/o upping the volts really high...like 1.55....even a minor oc like around 2.2-2.3 requires more volts...ive seen people get higher on stock.....ive set my mem timings to 2.5-4-4-8-2t...and the divider to 166mhz....also have tried the 133mhz....is my mem for crap, or the motherboard....i dont know...am i doomed to be at stock with this config...

Sounds a little like my chip. I'm at 2.4 with 1.55, I can get 2.6 at 1.7v which is really nuts and not that great. I can run up to 2.2 with stock volts, but past that it craps out and I can't get it anywhere past 2.4 with acceptable voltage.
I'd look at getting a 144 or something. But 2.4 ain't that slow.

I have a friend with the same chip and same motherboard. Neither of us can get his over 2.3. Also whenever we try to change voltages in the BIOS, they don't show up in CPU-Z. Run CPU-Z and check if your voltages are near what you've got them set to in BIOS.

V10Ace said:
I have a friend with the same chip and same motherboard. Neither of us can get his over 2.3. Also whenever we try to change voltages in the BIOS, they don't show up in CPU-Z. Run CPU-Z and check if your voltages are near what you've got them set to in BIOS.

oh i know all about that....the volts only raise if you use that increase by percent..e.g. 3.3,5,8.3,10%.....ill set it at 1.5v in the bios and it will show up in cpuz as 1.42....stupid neo2 plat.....im trying to find a dfi nf3 ultra....but they are kinda expensive...i need agp still....

Hyper-Transport

Hey, I have a venice 3200+ setup too, It gets to 2800 with the stock HSF. I assume you know you need to lower the hyper-transport multiplier and the ram/cpu ratio right? Mine would'nt get past 2300 without doing that. when you overclock the FSB it makes the hyper-transport go up, it's very unstable past 1025MHz. I apologize if you already know this, but I've seen alot of people that said there venice didn't get very far, then it performed awesomely once they did things right.

Last edited:
wellnessoc5 said:
Hey, I have a venice 3200+ setup too, It gets to 2800 with the stock HSF. I assume you know you need to lower the hyper-transport multiplier and the ram/cpu ratio right? Mine would'nt get past 2300 without doing that. when you overclock the FSB it makes the hyper-transport go up, it's very unstable past 1025MHz. I apologize if you already know this, but I've seen alot of people that said there venice didn't get very far, then it performed awesomely once they did things right.

Nice OC dude, how many volts you doing 2.8ghz on?

mine does 2700 at 1.55 volts in bios and cpu-z reports 1.600. its a lbble not sure of the rest but its an e-6. im sure if i had some more volts to play with i could get 2800 stable. i can boot up at 2850 and get a few SS before it BSOD's!

I worked on my 3200 and could not get to 2.6 stable without going beyond 1.6v. I can get 2.5 @ 1.52v but decided it would be better to go with the lowest possible volts and still get a nice overclock so I went with 2.4 @ 1.35v. It runs cool and quiet, hmm...that sounds like a marketing phrase.

wellnessoc5 said:

yeah ive lowered it to 3x....ram to 166...still problems....i dont really know what to do....

Back