• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

only 1 SATA drive showing up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
My system in in my sig. I have two 300GB drives. Both show up in the BIOS, however when windows boots, it shows only 1 drive. Any suggestions?

You will need to format the drive.
Start, right click "My Computer" and click on "Manage".
Click on "Disk Management", find the drive, create a partition (right click), and format.
This is all done if you did not RAID the drives.
If you RAID 0 the drives, you should have one 600gig drive (at least close to it).
If you RAID 1 the drives, you will have one 300gig drive. The other will not show up.

Good luck!

i had to set both drives on there own (physically unplugged one) and set them to raid 0. then i can use them on there own as master and primary

This is the strangest thing. Both drives show up in the BIOS. I have no raid set up in the BIOS. It is set to standard IDE. Here is the kicker. My computer only shoes 1 drive. When I go to the device manager, both drives are there. Both show they are operating fine. But only one shows up in my computer and windows explorer...

Could I have Raid on without knowing it?

Last edited:
bchur83 said:
Like mentioned, you need to create and format the partitons. Go into Disk Management, they should both be in there.

What do you see in Disk management anyways?

rlemieux said:
This is the strangest thing. Both drives show up in the BIOS. I have no raid set up in the BIOS. It is set to standard IDE. Here is the kicker. My computer only shoes 1 drive. When I go to the device manager, both drives are there. Both show they are operating fine. But only one shoes up in my computer and windows explorer...

Could I have Raid on without knowing it?

you need to format and add a drive letter.....

Back