• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

False Advertising?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VashTheStampede

Looking at the cases over at PCMods.com and ran into this little tidbit on the CoolerMaster ATC 310:

Specifications
P4 Compatible
5.25 bays: 5
3.5 bays: 1 exposed, 5 hidden
ATX Full Size compatible
Dimensions: 592mm x 363mm x 558 mm
Cooling: 6 fans total, one 300mm motherboard fan, 4 80mm rear fans, and 2 120mm fans located over the drive bays.

Umm... what mobo uses a 300mm fan?!

~RT~

That has to be a typo... A 300mm fan? that would be freakin huge... must be a 30mm instead... only thing that I can think of..

That's 11.8"! I think that I might be able to fit that into my case. Imagine modding possibilities. That gives me an idea...

No false advertising here... straight from CoolerMaster's website:

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/atc/atc310.html

Cooling: One 300mm Cross Fan blown driectly onto motherboard.
Four 80 x 80 x 25mm Fan attached back panel
Two 120 x 120 x 25mm Fan attached drive bay

And from AMDMB.com:

The most intriguing and innovative design was CoolerMaster’s proprietary 300mm cross fan. It best resembles a paper towel tube with vents. The curtain of air blown across the motherboard is nothing short of awesome. This generates approximately sixteen inches of uninterrupted air across the motherboard tray and additional devices. In addition, the amount of noise generated by the cross fan is negligible.

And this be it:

case6.jpg

Weird..

~RT~

Back