• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question the dell gurus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I've got an aunt comming in next weekend from 3 provinces away, shes bring her dell laptop "2-3 years old, dosent know the model, but she wants to upgrade the hdd, she was looking at this one from FS http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10043630&catid=
is this the standar in laptops from dell aroudn that time ? if so how would i go about upgrading it ? is it from the bottom or top "below the keyboard ?". thanks for the help guys..

i just bought a toshiba 40g from a local store new for 65$ if its like mine the HD comes out in a tray with the card slot [2 screws] dell 5100

Last edited:
outhouse said:
i just bought a toshiba 40g from a local store new for 65$ if its like mine the HD comes out in a tray with the pci slot [2 screws] dell 5100

Sounds like one I used to have. :D:D

How you like it, oh master of the Commode? :p

Most of the HDDs I've seen in lappies, are easy to remove. Just a screw or 2, and it comes right out.

steve

just found out its a Dell Latitude C810. is it still possible to swap out the hdds ?

If it's an IDE HDD, larger than about 2 GB, (the old one) it should fit right in.

steve

yup just make sure it's a 2.5" drive ;) the 3.5" drives don't fit.

sorry for stating the obvious but obvious things are overlooked more often than non obvius things. My freinds say I always have a firm grasp on the painfully obvious :rolleyes:

Back