• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unclear on the concept...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malpine Walis

Disabled
freeshipping.jpg

I think that you are missing the point. It does not matter if it is 1 cent or 1 Benjamin. If I have to pay for it then it is not free. It does not even matter if it is a deal on shipping. In my book free=free.

Malpine Walis said:
I think that you are missing the point. It does not matter if it is 1 cent or 1 Benjamin. If I have to pay for it then it is not free. It does not even matter if it is a deal on shipping. In my book free=free.

I would guess that theres free shipping for any orders over $20. So, to get the free shipping, you need to spend one more cent. IF you spend one more cent, then you will GET free shipping.

Yeah, its weird.

Malpine Walis said:
True, and I might be wrong, but you might get free shipping on one item, but you might not get free shipping on the item you add to your purchase just to get the free shipping.So, if thats the case, you may spend a little mroe to get the free shipping,but have to pay the shipping anyway because of the additional item you had to add to your cart.

What store? Call them, i bet they'll wave the shipping on that order.

Drec said:
What store? Call them, i bet they'll wave the shipping on that order.
I doubt it. That's why they use the ".99 cent" rule. It saves them in instances like this... makes people buy more stuff.

g0dM@n said:
I doubt it. That's why they use the ".99 cent" rule. It saves them in instances like this... makes people buy more stuff.

pretty much, but if you can find something for $1 or less, then you still win.

hoveraudi said:
pretty much, but if you can find something for $1 or less, then you still win.
IS it free shipping on the whole purchase if its over $20, or just that one item? As I was saying, they might get you on shipping for the second item by enticing you with free shipping on the other item...in the end, you might not save anything....or, if its free shipping on the entire purchase---then buy something you know you will need!

My impression was that the deal is probably free shipping if you spend $20 or more and that the $0.01 thing is just a note telling you that you are $x.xx away from getting free shipping on your order. IE, if you put and item of $14.99 in your cart you'd have the same note saying spend an additional $5.01 to recieve free shipping.

Back