• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've got a dilemma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNamelessOne

I am in need of more harddrive space and see a great deal in CompUSA. A 250GB SATA HD for only $59 with $80 MIR. Now the problem is that my mobo, an Abit AI7, only has 2 SATA slots and they are both used up by my 2 36GB Raptors running in Raid0. Now I need some advice on what to do. Choice1: I can forget about that deal and try to find a good deal on a PATA HD. Choice2: Take out and sell one or both of my Raptors and forget about RAID for now. Choice3: Buy one of those PCI cards that lets you add SATA slots to your rig. Choice4: Anything I havent thought of yet?

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys give me.

I personally think that they are overpriced off Ebay, as far as shipping anyways. You can go that route or even get a cheap Silicon Image 2 or 4 port sata card on Ebay for about the price of 2 of those adapters.

Back