• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

I've been in the market for a new processor for a bit now. Mainly because I don't have any cash to spend. I'm going to be doing a job for someone tomorrow, and I will have a large sum of cash (about 1k). I'm looking to see if someone has a recommendation on a processor that is better than the Pentium 4 Prescott mPGA 478 3.0Ghz E Processor. Those of you that know this processor, its got 1Mb of L2. Preferably something not dual core, and not 64 bit, as my current motherboard cannot support it. Now, if someone has a motherboard suggestion that is between 50 and 100 dollars, I could possibly go with a dual-core option. I would like to stay Intel. I wouldn't mind going to a socket 775 processor, but that would mean I would require a new motherboard. And if anyone has motherboard suggestions, I have to have at least 1 AGP slot and preferrably SATA. (And hopefully dual channel 4 slots DDR 184 Pin :D) Thanks!

I'm stuck with a 2.8 P4 as of right now. It's still fine for everything, even games with an overclock. Save up for conroe like me,

I'm sorry but just seeing that word one more time has forced me to speak.

I really hate that name conroe.

For some reason I always think cornhole and it isn't a pleasent thought each time.
eh? :eh?:

lmao maybe you should configure your brain to recognize it as corn roll instead. That is slightly more pleasant.

Back