• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmt391

this afternoon, i started gettign random BSOD's while doing almost nothing(aim,internet, itunes ect...)

The PC has been running fine, through hours of F.E.A.R. and BF2, for about a month or so.

This is my first build, so IDK much abouy BSOD's or where they come from

im thinking its a RAM problem

before i abandon my computer for 24hrs and run memtest, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

thanks

EDIT:
btw, i got new speakers today which i doubt is the problem but it started after using the speakers.(logitech x-230)

Do you overclock? Have you tried switching RAM around? Tried removing speakers or changing drivers for sound card? Tried windows repair? TriedSystem restore? Roll back drivers? The list could go on and on. It would help if you tell us what the error exactly says. It wont be this one but you might get an error with a syntax like this; "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DRIVE" or something to that effect. Write down the error which apperas in the top left of your screen and post here and do a google search. I hope this helps!

Back