• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1800XT "100134L" Retail vs "100134" OEM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

Well, I decided it was time for me to pick up a new vid card (20th birthday today :beer: ), and I decided to go with the X1800XT 512MB.

Now, from checking the egg, I came across two seemingly similar cards, with a few noticable differences.

The Retail version had no reviews, and was $10 cheaper. It makes mention of being Crossfire-ready, with Avivo, and "Ultra-Threaded Shader Engine" which I took to be SM3. Also, being that it's retail, I would assume it comes NIB as opposed to pieced together with the OEM.

The OEM version was (obviously, by now) $10 more expensive, with a few - slighty mixed - reviews. In the features area it names specifically SM3, SuperAA, and a couple of other things.''

The main thing I was wondering, is if there is any known difference between the 100134 and the 100134L.

I went with the retail version because it was a bit cheaper and not OEM... was this a bad choice?

Are those Sapphire part numbers? On their lower-end cards the -L versions sometimes have a wider memory bus, but I doubt there is any difference between the high end cards. Can you confirm the clock speeds?

-Rav

Do NOT buy OEM, period. ATi and Sapphire are very very specific about how they treat those cards. If for ever reason your card dies or has a problem they will not give you any warrenty service (had one rejected because of that)

@Rav - I can't yet confirm the clock speeds, as it should be arriving at my house either Saturday or Monday (hopefully Saturday, as I placed the order Tues night their time, and it was shipped out on Wednesday 3-day shipping)

@Sent - That's one reason I decided to go with the retail - I prefer to get everything first-hand just in case something happens to go wrong, the card is literally brand new.

Sentential said:
Do NOT buy OEM, period. ATi and Sapphire are very very specific about how they treat those cards. If for ever reason your card dies or has a problem they will not give you any warrenty service (had one rejected because of that)

Thanks for the 411!! I was thinking of getting an OEM saphire X1900XTX from the egg. That would suck if I paid 499.00 and then had problems with the card.

Just bought the retail x1800xt today, hopefully seeing it from the egg in 3 days. Anyone had any experience overclocking this card?

i have mine, but im not really OC'ing it much... runs like a beauty though

just make sure you follow the stickied instructions on what to do before OC'ing

occamsrezr said:
Just bought the retail x1800xt today, hopefully seeing it from the egg in 3 days. Anyone had any experience overclocking this card?

X1800XT 512mb, I've owend 2 of them and a crossfire Edition. Use ATI Tool .25 beta 14 to OC. There is ALOT of info in this forum on OCing these cards, try a search!

Sentential said:

thanks for the warning. I was think of picking up an oem card too. luckily i didn't.

Back