• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATA 133 on ATA 100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It will work just fine, just not at ATA 133 speeds. I had a ATA 133 drive running on my old P3 work rig that had a ATA 66 mobo with no problems.

Okay...thanks, guys :cool: I almost feel stupid even asking a question like this at this point...Christ, I just built my own system and here I am asking about this... But I wanted to make sure if it would or not, because I'm in the process of picking out parts for my wife's next computer, and I have a mobo in mind that's set up for 133, but I didn't notice that a pair of hdd's I had picked before were 100's.

I'm building the system for video editing/transfer, and I want her to have faster hdd's. I know I should go SATA on the system, but I haven't even set that up yet on MY rig, and I don't know much about it yet.

Back