• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron unlock ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RisrullarN

hey yo all :)
just got a duron 750 and a asus a7v mainboard..
im really new to this..
so can u give me a link where u can see how to unlock the multiplier and how to set the cvolt @ 1.85v?
thx alot..
and btw.. im using a taisol with copper and 80mm fan..
how high is reasonable to go? what can i reach do u think ? thx guys..

dont' know the link, but this might help
just use any #2 pencil or one of those lead pencil to connect the L1 and L7 bridges

example:

Before: L1 :::: L7 :|::
After: L1 |||| L7 ||||

becareful just connect the vertical dot, do'nt connect it horizontally.

Go as high as the system allow you too (with good temp, try to keep it under 50c)

Well, as the adage goes.... RTFM....

You should be able to unlock just your L1's and set your motherboard to jumperfree mode and have complete control of FSB, multiplier, and voltage.

I'd use a magnifying glass when you unlock your L1's. You can do it with a pencil at first but I recommend trying a more permanent method at some point.

SickBoy

here you go. Or here or even here. They're all basically just different methods of doing the same thing. Happy reading:)

EDIT:OOOOPS i just noticed the second link was to the wrong page. Sorry bout that it's fixed now.

Last edited:
I heartily recommend using tape to section off the bridge you are working on from the ones next to it no matter the method you choose.

I penciled the bridges on my Duron and used the tape and it worked very well. Allows you to really get that stuff in there without worrying about 'getting outside the lines'. Just tape it off, pencil (or other method), take tape off and voila nice clean bridge connection. Then move on to the next.

Hope that helps. Oh, and WATCH YOUR TEMPS ! ;)

Good luck.

Back