• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

partitioning:multiple distros

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pejsaboy

for a normal, single distro setup i would think a partitioning scheme with /, /swap, and /home partitions would be sufficient for my current usage and needs. when i get around to it however, i'll probably spend quite a bit of time trying out a small variety of distros to find a good match for me.
If i want to have more than 1 distro installed at once, what other partition would i need [if any], and what other partitions might be helpful? my guess is an additional / for each distro would be all that is necessary.
If it makes any difference, i'll be dual-booting with windows 2000 until i get a better grasp on linux and settle on a distro to work with on a more permanent basis.

Just a single / partition for each distro that you want to add will be fine. Then you can just mount the /home and swap partitions during the install.

Back