• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP on AMD Athlon 3000+ 1.8ghz Venice Core Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swimomatic

Registered
Hi,

I've been on this forum for a few days now and have read many guides on how to overclock cpu's.. and i have a biostar tforce 6100-939 motherboard and need help on using the software or any other software to help overclock or any other way that i could do it. Thank you and i hope to hear back soon

ok.. do u have any instructions or a good link *step by step* for me to overclock my 3000+ ???

Step by step - lots of stickies to read on that. However, i can reccommend upping the fsb till you experience instability then backing it off a little bit.

i'm sorry i'm new to forums mainly and i dont know how to access stickey's *feels like a complete and total n00b*

swimomatic said:
i'm sorry i'm new to forums mainly and i dont know how to access stickey's *feels like a complete and total n00b*

First off :welcome:

Next, as far as the stickies, they are the top most posts and say Sticky: in yellow...

Start off with this sticky:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

That is a fairly summed up walkthru on oc'ing your proc. If you have any questions, please post them!

thx so much! i'll post on here with my results and i am in the process of OC my rx800 256e with ati tool and i'll put results here also

I will recommend posting all information of your rig. It's easier to help you this way. Truthfully, when I look at that sticky, I don't really understand it. I pretty much just copied what everyone had done.

AMD 3000+ 1.8ghz Venice Core *Stock cooling*
Biostar tforce 6100-939

MSI RX800 256e PCIE *OC'd w/ ATI Tool 390/350 to 437/447 stable* may need help with tht one stock cooling
Maxtor 160 gb 7200rpm ATA 133
NEC Combo Drive Burner

Rosewill TU-155 Black w/ 400w power supply
Patriot Signature Memory 2x512 runing at stock 2.5-3-3-7 *may OC this also?* w/ heat spreaders
3dmark01 se score w/o OC'n Video Card 10104
3dmark01 se score w/ OC'n Video Card 14041 xD

Last edited:
Hope you guys didnt give up on me.. the BIOS on the TFORCE-6100 is mainly auto overclcok not very good on its own.. ne programs i can use??

not too many of us use the Biostar mobo. I think you swhould try and ask people who has that mobo to help you. Try posting it in the mobo section.

Will the PSU make tht big of a difference.. my 256mb video card doesnt draw tht much power and ok and do u know wht i should do 2 adjust the timing on my memory to overclock it and wht to use?

Ok.. my bios says something different from wht i thought it did, its letting me go to auto *9x* or 1-5x for HTT and gives option to change voltage, nb/sb voltage regulator, memory voltage, cpu frequency, hammer cpu multiplier, ht frequency, pcie clock, memclock freq., 1t/2t timing, dram config

given your current psu + mobo. Knowledge on the subject of overclocking. I'd advise you do alot of reading/browsing through the forums. before you start doing anything.

a good start would be to pick up a power supply of 550 watts or more.
look at the Amps rating of the 12v lines. (very important)

a good mobo to overclock with. (dfi nf4 ultra-d or sli-dr or expert)

as for pushing your "current setup" i would raise the fsb 1-5 fsb at a time until it's not stable. you can check your stability with these programs

prime95

super pi 32m

as soon as its not stable bump the voltage up by 0.1 and see if it's stable at that speed. yes it involves alot of rebooting.

keep in mind your temps while pushing your system. if you have a hot cpu to begin with .. prime95 is really going to heat it up.

in conclusion... read.. read .. read .. and read some more. then come back here and POST SOME SCREENIES :D :D

Heh ok thx.. so how big of increments should i do each time i boot about 5mhz? and i've been reading the 1,2,3 guide to overclocking and im starting to get it but im not 100% sure but i know my cpu cant get hot becuz it runs at 25 C stable :)

And is it the power tht the PSU needs or just how it doesnt send enough at a time etc? Becuz my computer judging by wht i've read on how much power each part uses on my cpu, i'm only needing a 208watt power supply minimum

If you have a beefy psu, then its one piece of hardware you dont have to worry about being a problem... if you have a digital volt meter, you can test your current psu to ensure its delivering the appropriate volts...

As far as incriments, I start with 5mhz at a time... if i hit a wall, I either up the volts a tad, and or back off the mhz if I have maxed out cpu. First you should ensure that your hardware can run at the desired OC.

This sticky should help a lot.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

k thx everyone but 1 more ?.. how long and wht part of the testing programs *which ones also* should i run?

Back