• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pentium d 805 oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goog`

I bought myself the pent 805 and the asus p5p800 se. Right now I have the thing running at 3.3 ghz at 1.38 vcore. One super pi is fine but if I start another it fails, is that ok or am I doing this wrong?

goog` said:
I bought myself the pent 805 and the asus p5p800 se. Right now I have the thing running at 3.3 ghz at 1.38 vcore. One super pi is fine but if I start another it fails, is that ok or am I doing this wrong?

You need to creat another folder for your 2nd super pi and run from there.

thought it was something stupid like that, Running stock with as5 1.38vc idle at 39 c max i've seen is 55. So far for 250 $ its turining out to be a nice little upgrade

Do you fold? Would be interesting to see some folding perf.

There are a few folks on the OCF (t32) folding team contemplating or in progress of getting a rig like yours to add to the folding power.

There is some good info on folding in the folding team forum ... check out the welcome sticky. And tons of help availalable there to get you started.

http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Was planning on folding just not with the computer I just built. Its way to noisy and uses way to much power for 24/7 use but was planning on using my other system

Man that sounds good so far! I just built a system similar to yours (nothing OC'd yet).

Anyone know the max safe voltage/temps on the 805D's?

WTG Goog. Thanks for posting your results. I was look at the 805 and wanted to see what the sucker would do. I'm impressed so far. What kind of FSB are you getting?

I am assuming it is like the other smithfields in terms of temps and volts ... i run my 830's at 1.425 at 265 fsb. My 830's won't go higher stable dual folding. You can give them more VC i believe, but no significant improvement for me, at least on air ... they start running too hot to be stable folding.

Non folding, they might not get so hot.

Just wondering where you bought the P5P800-SE, was if from NewEgg? If so which BIOS version did it ship with? Did you have to update the BIOS before the 805 would work?

No i bought the p5p800-se in canada so no new egg. It shipped with support for the 805. I'm still on stock so ii'm not pushing it to far on 1.4 with that i've seen it it 60 so I'll stick with it unitl i get somwthing better. It does seem thought that clock speed really does effect preformcance. A 90mhz jump knocked 6 seconds of my super pi 1 m score

Back