• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 "boomerang" controller axed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YES!!! Finally Sony have come back to planet earth and realised it was just plain rubbish. I think it was to show off the PS3's unique stylish design but hopefully it'll be along the lines of the old style pad. Problem is unless they have paid the right's to the company who creates the rumble feature. Then they'll have to create there own as Sony got sued to using it for PS2 as so did MS but they settled out of court.

I must say , Im slightly dissapointed . Madcatz made a controller for the PS1 that was very similar in design . Many people didnt like it , but I loved it . I called it the "Baterang" . It was dark blue , with foam like material under the bottom of the grips and had like a 10-15 ft cable on it . No extension cables needed apply . Oh well .

FudgeNuggets said:
IMO the PS1/2 controller is the best EVER. The Dreamcast was a close second but that is now owned by the 360s which is a lot like the Dreamcasts!

Untrue, the SNES had the best controller ever. The PS1/2 & the XBox controllers just evolved on it by adding sticks and handles.

Feydd said:
Untrue, the SNES had the best controller ever. The PS1/2 & the XBox controllers just evolved on it by adding sticks and handles.
SNES i love my nes controller, but snes is a nice controller as well :)

IMO it doesn't get better than a Gamecube Wavebird, Playstation controllers barely make the grade. I say we let Logitech design the next gen controllers.

Page won't load for me. Though thats good news, since it means the Sony has been doing reserch and not just putting whatever they want out in the market.

it loooks ergonomic to me so it should have been comfortable

but they arent gonna use the ps1/ps2 design since they got sued over it? or the rumble feature

threeme2189 said:
my favorite controller was and still is th N64 Controller!
that thing is just so comfortable for me...

seconted altho the d pad and l button were basicly useless....

i think a n64 contoler with a gamecube little joystick thingy(the stick on the gamecue is nice en soft and aint hard to move....and dosent blister your thumb)

now that i think about it.....changevote (n64 to gamecube)

i seriously hope that they have a controler for the rev thats like the gc contoler...i just cant imagine playing rr64 on a rev with a remote control

I think the controllers for the SNES, Sony PS 1 & 2 (Cause there the same), N64, Dreamcast, XBOX 360 (Better shaped than the Controller S for XBOX). Where all comfortable and easy to use I must say thou the Playstation I prefered as I got used to it owning a PSone and PS-Two.

Back