• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning a computer(Viruses and Such)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acompdude

I wasnt sure where to put this, but anyway. What is the best way to clean a computer of viruses, spyware, adware, and all that other stuff that needs to be cleaned. Oh and it needs to be free. And it can be more than one step(I know it will be)

Ad-aware, Microsoft antispyware, CCleaner, and whatever flavor of A/V you use. Best bet is to reformat and install these programs on a clean system instead of hoping it still functions after being adware/virus laden for unknown amounts of time.

BTW uninstalling NAV2k5 is a three hour ordeal involving regedits, reboots, safemode and registry cleaners if the uninstaller doesnt like you.

Well the best way is of course a complete reinstall. Though I am doubting thats what you want, and not really the advice I like to give anymore unless needed. So anyway I personally use:

1. AntiVir (Just started and I like it)
2.Adaware
3.Bazooke Adware Scanner
4.Spybot Search and Destroy
5.Windows Defender
6.Spyware Blaster
7.Panda Active Scan, Kaspersky Online scanner and PC-Cillin's house call(Usually only 1)
8.Repair Reinstall to try and fix up the files that may have been messed up.
9.Usually like to finish with a good defrag like O&O

(Feel like I am forgetting something)

Back