• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new sys having prob after 3 weeks of good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

planesane

Registered
hey I am on my new comp with the specs listed in profile.
I have been on for three weeks now and it was perfect. I have been running a small house fan into the side of the open case to ensure air circulation.
I have been playing fear and bf2 for 3weeks now without problems, until today. I got a new game land of the dead and installed it and started to play and about 5 min later black screen of dead and mobo siren. wtf is goin on?
please help!!

Hello and Welcome to the forums!

As a quick test, I'd suggest you try a game other than FEAR or BF2 or just run loops of 3DM01 and 3DM06. If it passes those, your rig is fine and the problem would be software incompatability with your new game.

bad new man. it powers down with mobo siren. damn, what the heck happend. why does it work when im not in a game but shuts down several minutes sec into it

Ammax mid size case, Xcase 650W psu, abit nf7sg2 motherboard, amd xp barton 2900 400 fsb, thermaltake heatsink, 2gigs kingston 400 mhz, sapphire 1600 pro agp, 13gig ultra 66 and 60 gig ultra 100 HDDs, 5 antec case fans

how do i get it to display at the bottom like yours

I also ran prime 95 and it immedieatley powers down! what is goin on here

Last edited:
If my mother boar only supports 2 gigs of ram at 400mhz and it has only 3 slots, which of the slots can handle the 400 mhz ram

ps i ahave pheonix bios

Last edited:
i can now run 3d mark 05 my score is 3715 but it still powers down on prime95
i think cpu instability how can i be sure

well install a software that has tempature gauage and then run something like prime95 wich will run your cpu at 100% and see if your temps go over what they should be

well i ran prime95 with abit eq open and it shut down immediately at temp 99 farenheit. but it runs 3dmark 05 without crashing. what is goin on??

99 F isn't too bad. Which specific Prime 95 did you run? Was it Small FFT or Blend?
If it shut down during the Blend test, it could be your RAM. If it shut down during the small FFT test, it could be your CPU. Let me know what happened and we can take it from there.

PS* Please use the Edit button to edit you post if you wish to add to it. Consecutive posts are unnecessary. :)

Looks like it would be a overheating issue. Do you have your heatsink mounted correctly? Do you have the hs fan plugged into the mb or directly into the psu?
What is your vcore and vdimm?
What voltages are your 12,5, and 3.3 rails putting out? Preferably checked with a dmm.

the prime 95 test was small fft. My cpu fan is actually a case fan mounted directly ontop of heatsink, so yes it is connected directly to psu. vcore is 1.65, vdimm is 2.61.
12v is putting out 12.04
5v = 5.08
3.3 = 3.34
so do u think scpu overheatiing or bad voltage? whats next step?

ok man i have no idea what the heck is goin on. now its crashin all the time, even is starcraft. cpu is hittn 122 farenheit now also, is that bad? What is ave idle temp and in game temps? can a heat sink be to small or can the fan being directly connected to psu and not mobo make a diff? please help!!

Back