• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got to test the next breed of... high speed from..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Haha not really the next breed, but it scertianly is faster than regular DSL.

"Supreme" Flavour of high spoeed from Bell Canada, it works off of fibre ...pole i believe... dont quote me though I'll get the right info tomorrow. Anyways 12mbps up/down "testing purposes right now, up speed may change once testing is done. all that for $99/month :)

Still not reigning king of res.HS like videotron of quebec haha 16mbps... damn.

Also got a sneek peak of IPTV from Bell too, very interesting too, it was on an ADSL2+ connection. good, but kinda limited for the time being. I think telus will own with their rings of 600m-... come on... seriously... 100mbit connection for their iptv "soon to come ;)".

they will be advertising it as they advertise their HSU, unlimited bandwidth, obviously its limited in soem way or another,.... if you go over bard , but i dont see them calling you up unless your transfering near a TB per month, maybe half a TB>

Something like that. What about static ip, etc? Thats something I wish the Ultra had. I love the ultra package, downloading at 500 k/secand uploading at 80 is incredible, but it is lacking, just like every other package I've seen.

regular HS just as fast now, they recently upgraded the speed for free, new customers wil lget it right away and exisiting customers will migrate upto 500KB/sec through the next 5 weeks.

one thing i dont like is the ammount of web space they give you, i dont think they wil lgo with static ips, for two main reasons, security "easier to hack" since youve always got the same up, so they give you a list of static ips you can go through, welll you nkow.. they dont give it to you, but they are accessable to your account everything it connects. #2, they dont want people hosting servers off of their home computers.

i know thats what we all want to do, but if you read the eula, its states in there. haha

anyways I gotta goto work now *yawn* still tired, but someone has to bring home the bacon :p, will update the fibre info once i get home.

Well they mainly don't do it any more cause of expense. If they have a pool of IPs, rather than a static IP for every user, its cheaper that way. Let us know man.

/\ That's USA though is it not? Anyway though 15mb DL is cool but the 12mb upload is extremly good. Verizon Fios thats like 200 bucks and is 30mb DL is only 5 up.

Cheator said:
Well they mainly don't do it any more cause of expense. If they have a pool of IPs, rather than a static IP for every user, its cheaper that way. Let us know man.

dynamic ips for res, static for bus. and it is fibre to the node, currently being testing in toronto.. cant remember the name of the suburb lea...something.. anyways its pretty good :) they are currently working on a marketing scheme as well haha, so thats in devlopment for the rollout of it :)

YAY tomorrow I get to play with a wireless gigabit connection :) just PTP though, still cool.

huh videotron is at 16 mbps??
I checked like last month and it was at 10, and like maybe 2 months before that it was 6.5..god I need faster ineternet now

Back