• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good card 6800xtreme $99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a bit misleading, note that it's a 6800XT. Meaning it's 8-pipe and the lowest 6800 offered. It's not a bad deal by any means, but there other cards to consider. I've seen 6800NU's and 6600GT's on sale for $99 also.

mystfied said:
asrock dual sata2 supports both AGP and PCI-E.
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but is that a decent board? When I do finally upgrade to pci-express, I could always just keep my 7800gs and save myself a bit of cash. I would imagine there are some sort of compatability problems though because of two interfaces? :shrug:

I would get the vanilla 6800 instead since it has more pipes, The name might be misleading, In ATI cards XT is the best in the series, for Nvidia its usally the worst. So if the 800 series ATI cards are competing with 6800 series Nvidia cards the X850XT is the top ATI version of the series while the 6800XT is the worst, but It looks like its the best if you compare the names directly.

Back