• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with chaintech av-710

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jizzzared

I have an av-710 that I have had hooked up with an toslink cable to my receiver for multichannel listening. I hear that the wolfson DACs that you can use on the front channels are great for stereo music. I can't seem to figure out which input uses the wolfson dac. Also, do you use a standard rca cable to hook it up to the soundcard through the wolfosn DAC's? thanks for any responses.

toslink optical is for 2 channel, not multichannel unless the card has ddl/dts-connect which the av-710 doesn't, so unless you are playing a movie that has dd/dts and your receiver can decode it, it will be 2 channel

the wolfsons use the black output (7/8)

the receiver most likely has a better dac than the wolfsons as they usually beat soundcard dacs easily, i would just keep the toslink, the av-710 has bit-perfect passthrough which is perfect for this

Back