• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC gamer noob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirPokemasterMD

yeah ima noob when it comes to great PC games and i need some advice. i like halo and almost all MMO rpgs if they are good but mostly FPS any suggestions.

farcry, star wars: Kotor the 1st one. 2nd game was good but i got stuck in a glitch that frustrated me so much i quit playing :p.

F.E.A.R is good as well.

battlefield 2142 and the new Enemy territories game (quake wars) should be great as well. finally mechs in good recent fps!!

Far Cry, Doom 3, Half-Life 2 (if u got broadband), Quake 4, the new Rainbow Six is great too! I just got FEAR yesterday, but im hard on it now, so its worth $40.. Older games, u cant go wrong with, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Quake 3, Rainbow Six 3, Serious Sam series games are always gonna be classics...

This is what i play

Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike : Source
F.E.A.R.
Call Of Duty 2
Battlefield 2
Oblivion <-- Fun Game
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Nba Live 2005
Madden NFL 2006
Halo
Hitman Contracts
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
FarCry
Doom 3 but i dont like it that much =/

=] all the games i play love them all

Please don't buy Counterstrike, it's 6 years old and awful.

You gotta hit the big 3 singleplayers of last year, Far Cry, Doom 3, and Half Life 2. Then there's Call of Duty 2 for single & multiplayer WWII fix, plus FEAR for the uber graphics and action. Also get Oblivion, because it's possibly the best game of all time.

fuzzba11 said:
Please don't buy Counterstrike, it's 6 years old and awful.

You gotta hit the big 3 singleplayers of last year, Far Cry, Doom 3, and Half Life 2. Then there's Call of Duty 2 for single & multiplayer WWII fix, plus FEAR for the uber graphics and action. Also get Oblivion, because it's possibly the best game of all time.
counter-strike source, not counter-strike 1.6 :p

fuzzba11 said:
It's still the exact. same. thing.

actually it isnt. the gameplay is quite different, which are inpart done by the hitboxes and the updated graphics are updated and much nicer. There is a reason why people like cs:s over 1.6 or 1.6 over CS:S. they are 2 different games.

Aidenswarrior said:
actually it isnt. the gameplay is quite different, which are inpart done by the hitboxes and the updated graphics are updated and much nicer. There is a reason why people like cs:s over 1.6 or 1.6 over CS:S. they are 2 different games.
qft

recomending
Unreal Tournament 2004
Farcry
Quake 3
Battlefield 2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Wolfenstein Enemy-Territory

Aidenswarrior said:

qft also.

I bough cs:s, then about a year later bought 1.6 and imo, 1.6 is way better, the gameplay rocks and its alot harder then Source... but the downside to Source and 1.6 is those stupid cheaters who suck so much they use hax :bang head

Try playing on Source then switching to 1.6.. you'll be like "wtf" and relise how different they are.

/me reccomends Counter-Strike Source or 1.6 (depends if you like graphics over gameplay.)

Aidenswarrior said:
I couldn't disagree more, Counterstrike is a game that has been patched and reworked more than any other. I played it back in 2000 in the beta stages, and all the way up to Source, and very little has changed since then besides painting over the aged graphics. Sure, lots of changes in the weapon balance, accuracy, hit boxes, blah blah blah, but thousands of people are still playing Dust. You think that's change? I call playing the same levels, teams, and guns for 5 years about as stale as you can get. Move on, I say.

Back