• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordering parts today!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris_PC

Registered
Basically, things have changed and im now able to order my Parts sooner than expected(today) I just want you to check over all of this to make sure its all ok.

What I will be ordering:
BFG GeForce 7900GT OC
Abit AN8 32X MOBO
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+
WD Caviar SE16 250GB 16MB Cache HD
Samsung SM-930BF Monitor
Belkin 1200VA Universal series UPS
Enermax Liberty 620W PSU
Func 1030 Mousemat
WD secure connect Serial ATA cable
Belkin Cat5e Network Patch Cable 10m(for connecting to my Router)

Things ive already got:
Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT RAM
Gigabyte G-Power cooler Pro HSF
Vantec 3.5" Hard Drive cooler
Liteon SHM-165P6S-02C 16x DVD±RW/RAM
Sony Internal 3.5" Black Floppy drive
Thermaltake Shark(Black) Case
Sennheiser PC160 headset
Logitech Z4 Speakers
Arctic Silver 5
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse

Thanks!

That looks awsome to me man. That is going to be one nice system. And I dont see anything that you may have left out. Looks like you already thought of everything.

Good, good. This is going to be the first ever PC im building, infact its the first PC ive ever bought.(Im 15) So i just wanted to make sure everything was ok. :attn:

All good but why don't you got for an Opty 165 or 170? And the stock HSF that comes with the X2 is better then the one you got.

I love it when a young meatball gets his first rig.

Flip-Mode said:
I love it when a young meatball gets his first rig.

ha...meatball...ha...anyway: id opt for an opty (ha opt-opty get it get it?) 165 as well....same cache just .4ghz slower, overclocking will easily make that difference up

The reason im not going for the opty is because im not planning on overclocking.
Also about the G-Power cooler pro, The Tests ive seen have performing the same as a zalman cnps9500 with the g-power on the lowest fan setting.

Maybe after you finish building it, you will change your mind and o/c like i did. :D
At first i wasn't going to, but i figured if i can keep it stock vcore, and temps didn't aren't out of whack, why not. :)

Did you get it built yet? I'm thinking of getting that abit board as well. CPU is undecided at the moment. I've got the 120mm zalman in my P4 system right now so I'll be using that (as long as it fits).

Back