• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios dump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris_F

I doubt anyone here could help me, but I'll give it a shot.

I need to dump my IBM XT's bios. I used debug to dump the whole 1 meg of address space to a file on a floppy, and then opened it up on my computer in a hex editor. The only thing is, in the places where there should be bios code, there is just a repeating pattern of 7F FF FF.

Any ideas?

You could write a simple program to read the registers one-by-one and have their value outputted to a file...

Chris_F said:
I doubt anyone here could help me, but I'll give it a shot.

I need to dump my IBM XT's bios. I used debug to dump the whole 1 meg of address space to a file on a floppy, and then opened it up on my computer in a hex editor. The only thing is, in the places where there should be bios code, there is just a repeating pattern of 7F FF FF.

Any ideas?

I'm sure you've considered that the BIOS was moved by your system, and you didn't dump it after all. :D

I'd check out websites like this:

http://www.bioscentral.com/misc/downloads.htm

as well as many other google finds, and also, the PC BIOS/hardware related newsgroups.

Good luck.

Adak

Back