• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Gun" PC game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Did an impulse buy last Saturday and bought what appears to be a fairly new PC game called Gun. It's a third person shooter that takes place in the old wild west. Did a quick search here, but didn't see much mention of it. Anyone else play it yet? I bought it because the western theme appealed to me. At first it seemed a little lame, but the more I played, then better I liked it. There are a lot of optional side adventures and exploring that can be done. If you don't spend the extra time to do these then you'll be short of cash. It takes money to do all the cool weapons upgrades. You get to ride around on horses and shoot it out with badguys. There are good indians and bad indians and wild critters. The graphics are decent and the game has a real storyline. If you've played it, got any tips on how to bag the Great White Buffalo?

I've played it an kind of liked it. The story was OK and all the guns were fun. The quickdraw thing rocked.

What I hated is the game is capped at 30fps! And very jerky to me.

Played it on xbox, and thought it was pretty fun. It is pretty short, and like batboy mentioned, you do need to do the side missions for the $$$. Overall, not too bad.

It was a lot of fun, but much shorter then I expected an open ended Western style GTA game to be. That and the side missions got boring pretty quickly and the open areas didn't have anything special to do in them so exploring was some what pointless.

No one packs crap into the available space like R* did with SA. Now that rocked and Gun would have too had they fleshed out the sandbox world and augmented the story more.

i saw the g4 tv refiew of the creators and anything, the studio that produced is really good, after seeing this show i really wanted to buy it but i was dead broke. the only thing i think it lacked was internet play wich would be amazing

Just when things were getting really good, it was over. So yes, it's really short. If you do all the side adventures and look everywhere for the gold, it's a little longer. Although the exploring could of been more exciting like was mentioned. It had so much potential and a lot of good things. But, being that short sort of was disappointing.

I loved that game. Initially bought it from the great review in PC Gamer. It got editor's choice because of the great story, even though the graphics weren't great. I loved the scenery and being able to ride the horse, and of course quick draw, and upgrades, and and...

tips for the buffalo... that one took me a few tries. Do you know where to look?

What i did was sneak wide around the whole pasture area so i was pressed up against the really steep rock face, then i just sat there. You can get an idea for the area it will walk around in. Then creep crouched as close as you dare. Try it a few times to get an idea how close you can be without spooking it (It was closer than I thought it would be).

Yes, I know where to look. I found out later after I wasted a lot of time hunting the beast that I needed the better bow than I had (which came later in the game). I also was not close enough like you mentioned.

I've been eyeballing this game for a while. I'm looking for a good single player for my compy. I might have to pick it up now.

Another thing, these days if it doesn't have bullet time/focus/quickdraw/speed breaker/whatever then its not a game.

Back