• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's an idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
  • Dual Opteron 285's with Dual containers :D
  • TYAN S2895 SLI with VCore mod
  • Corsair TWINX1024RE PC3200 2-3-2-6
  • Dual MSI 7900GTX 172W pelts
  • PCPower & Cooling 1K
  • i-Ram

That should do some damage in 06 & PC Mark ;)

Last edited:
did i wake up in bizzarro world today?

first your talk'n Intel CPU's and now 7900's....

i think that Baker SS had some FUNKY gas in it, and when it sprung a leak, Maxi inhaled a little too much :p

El<(')>Maxi said:
  • PCPower & Cooling 1K
  • i-Ram

Ok who stole maxi's login info??

Seriously though, that'll be a shoe in for 10k in pcmark05 if your gonna do it maxi. *best redneck voice* "get'er done!"

I was very close to doing this but it looks like Conroe might be closer than we thought. From the PI number's it's putting up I think we'll need some totally new or re-written benchmarks to test with.

I don't think Conroe is too close for the rest of us unfortunately. Late Q3/early Q4 is when its slated for. ESes have been floating around as early as January (to my knowledge, maybe even earlier) but that doesn't mean they'll hit retail right away.

Besides, if you feel like trashing PCMark, nearly nothing would be able to touch that for a while.

Pi isn't everything...nor does it translate into real world performance.

I'd take the best Conroe rig over that system. Especially for PI times. It is really throwing AMD for a loop because it is beating them at their own game.

El<(')>Maxi said:
  • PCPower & Cooling 1K
  • i-Ram

I don't think 4 CPUs is going to help much at all. Most tests are only 2 threads, so the other 2 CPUs will just sit idle.

Heck, you could take the #1 spot with another i-RAM and some GTXs.

avalanche83 said:
I'd take the best Conroe rig over that system. Especially for PI times. It is really throwing AMD for a loop because it is beating them at their own game.

What? I thought SPi had always ran better on intel machines..

dan

Right, well FM doesn't allow i-RAM results anyway. Their opinion is that it is not a legit storage device :rolleyes:

WTF, oh well, at least I get to load windows nice and zippy now. Seriously can't see what the big deal is, they're no longer very expensive either. Might as well ban SLI/CF for not being legit graphics adapters. :rolleyes:

They sell it as a conroller card :rolleyes: whats up with that? :shrug:

Im really debating getting a couple (Raid0) for the new rig (rather then HD's :D )

question

El<(')>Maxi said:
  • PCPower & Cooling 1K
  • i-Ram

sir,
if you do not mind me asking, what is the vcore mod for this mobo?
i am thinking of buying one and i have a few questions.
if you have the time and at your leisure could you answer them?
sincere thanks.
[email protected]

Back