• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opening Folders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stoner51

Somewhere along the line I changed something int XP home on opening my hard drives, I have 3 Partioned to a total of 5. Now I have to right click and then click open. If I double click it opens some search function. How do I return it to the single click(left). Xp home sp2 other info in sig but this is something I changed and don't know how I did it.
Thanks in advance
Steve

You may have some kind of weird software installed on your comp. Exactly what kind of search function does it open? is it the microsoft one? You may want to check your mouse properties in the control panel, to see if something is up with the buttons.

When I double click, a microsoft search companion comes up. redduc I tried that command and get an error cannot find the file named regsvr32/ishell32.

Check in the registry under the following key...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT | Directory | shell

The (Default) String Name should have a Value data of none. To modify the value, right click (Default) and select Modify | In the Edit String dialog that opens, type none into the Value data field | You'll need to reboot after making the change.
I tried that command and get an error cannot find the file named regsvr32/ishell32
AFA the regsvr32 /i shell32 command from the Run box, just to be clear... make sure there's a space between regsvr32 and the forward slash /, and another between the /i switch and shell32.

Attachments

• Shell.JPG
    Shell.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Back