• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prob with gfx card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rick106

Registered
I have just upgraded my motherboard to DDR. This new motherboard is a cheapo make though, but i thought it wouldn't make any difference.
Anyway, everything is working fine. I'm getting no instability problems, but when i run a 3d2000 benchmark, i'm getting around 30fps less than before and also 3000 less points.
I have the same drivers as i had before. (10.80)
I have tried formatting.
I have got 4x enabled on mb.
I have got all the setting at their fastest using nvmax, as i had before.
Please, please could someone help me?
Thanks,
Rich

i've already got the via 4.31's installed and they've always been the best for me, although i will try the 4.35's. I will mess about with some settings also, but if anyone else also has any ideas please post them. thanks,
Rich

Well all the memory timings, settings are ok. I dunno what else to do. It can't be that the motherboard isnt as good, as I'm sure it wouldn't affect the performance this much, as my score on 3dmarks 2000 has gone down from 7800 to 4800. What the hell!! Please could someone help or i will stress out.
Rich

I have just tried with one memory module instead of the 2 but still no difference inperformance. Here are a few more details of my system so as u may help me better:
Creative Geforce 2 GTS
ECS K7s5A motherboard
WinME OS
2X 256Mb DDr memory
Rich

r u using the same directX as before?
which one WinME has installed as default? if it is 7 r u sure you havent installed the 8 before?

ive visited this thread a couple of times and the first thing i thought was AGP aperture size but decided not to post once it seemed a little bit obvious. how is it set to whatsoever?
i have no DDR system RAM experience but the AGP aperture has at least something to do with your new memory.

Last edited:
I am running directx 8.0 the same version as before, and i have tried the agp aperture size at 64, 128 and 256 but still no change in performance. Any other ideas?
Rich

Have you tried to run your vidcard at default settings? Sometimes if you overclock the vidcard to much, the performance drops dramatically.

Back