• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GodMode in FarCry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gig-O-Ram

Alright, I know FC isn't the newest game in town, and I've already played it all the way through a long time ago, but I'm playing it again on my new system (which handles the game far better than my other one did).

I don't really like to cheat, but I hate dying all the time too, so I looked up some cheats and found the code that supposedly activates GodMode (as well as a few others that I couldn't make work). I did what it said and added the code to the bottom of the Devmode file, but I can't get it to work when I type in GodMode() into the console.

Am I doing something wrong? If I remember right, I tried this on the first run through, and it didn't work then either. I just thought it would be cool to run through it for a bit without getting killed so much.

If my memory is right, I also edited the shortcut to Far Cry. The target line should be something like:

"D:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Crytek\Far Cry\Bin32\FarCry.exe" -devmode

It's just adding the [space]-devmode onto the end of the target line. Then I think you just use the keys ingame for activating cheats. I think backspace is invincible, etc.

Back