Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Vendor Discussion
Vendor Discussion Likes and Gripes about Vendors. No Post Count.
Forum Jump

Gentechpc's???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 11-08-01, 07:26 AM Thread Starter   #1
kj4ta

Question Gentechpc's???

Has anyone ever heard of these guys??? (gentechpc.com) I want to buy a new PC and came across these guys, systems look pretty good for the price. I looked at that site of vendors(whatever that name is) found only 3 remarks, but they are from last year.
kj4ta is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-12, 11:21 AM   #2
joseernandes

warning never too late to write a comment if you can help people, do not buy into this store I bought my Laptop: MSI MS-1761 (GT780DXR Barebone) GenTech PC, now I feel cheated cheated that can make a person live outside the United States.

Have an idea ..... pay two roundtrip shipping plus double pay custom duty tax, I sent from Venezuela to GenTech PC Store, and Mr. Ken informs them in writing and by phone, my laptop has two faults, the hard drive has bad sectors and also freezes, I tried it with another hard drive just freezes happens with the other hard drive.

Send my laptop for repair was more than 30 days in the shop and I repaired it.

Mr. Ken sent me the laptop and the first day to install the windows 7 operating system froze tried with another operating system Windows 8 and freezes.

They can learn the person with my comment, think twice .... if you live outside the U.S., imagine paying double shipping and custom duty double tax return and your computer without repairing damaged this is what happened to me.

Order No. 1315090997 Customer No. 1315090364

excuse me my writing and spelling errors
joseernandes is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-29-12, 11:36 AM   #3
wagex
Premium Member #13

the thread is only 11 years old... lol

8gb gskill 2x4 1600 --------4x4gb samsung ddr2 ECC -----------2x2b ddr3 1600
xfx r9-280x black ----------------- onboard -----------------------------------HD 5450
corsair hx850-------------------------antec vp-450----------------------------------275w came with case
custom loop --------------------------socket f 2u passive ---------------------xigmatek durin
win 7x64------------------------------server 2012 r2 datacenter--------------win 7 64 bit
steam user name : Wagex (you happy bro?) HEAT
"You can't get magical Harry Potter temps with big overclocks, PHYSICS has a lot to do with it." -conumdrum
wagex is offline Benching Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-01-13, 12:37 PM   #4
doz

10 Year Badge

Oldest thread revive to date.

Ive never heard of the company but to be in business after all these years, they must be doing a few people right lol.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. My only question is why would you use a relatively no name website to do business with?

EVGA GTX780 ACX 1228//1650
OCZ Agility 2 240gb, Corsair Force 3 180gb, (2)WD 1tb Black
HAF 932w/ Corsair HX750
Heat
doz is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-03-13, 12:36 AM   #5
freakdiablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doz View Post
Oldest thread revive to date.

Ive never heard of the company but to be in business after all these years, they must be doing a few people right lol.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. My only question is why would you use a relatively no name website to do business with?
I've seen one or two sketchy looking sites appear in Googles "Sponsored" section when looking for parts. I can see someone simply clicking on the first link that pops up and thinking it was legit as it was the first hit.

Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router
Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP
Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI
freakdiablo is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Vendor Discussion
Vendor Discussion Likes and Gripes about Vendors. No Post Count.