• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest86

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpnmnch

Registered
Can someone show me how to work memtest86 on windows, the readme that came with it is for linux only.

Memtest86 is run outside of Windows. The only portion that is Windows based, is the creation of the bootable floppy or CD-ROM.

What part do you need an explanation on?

it's an image file. Open your burning application, and find the option that allows you to write images. It varies from app to app. What application are you going to use?

In Nero, go to Recorder -> Burn Image. Find the file, and burn it. You'll then need to set your boot order in the BIOS to CD-ROM before the hard drive.

when I do that and I go to pick the file from the folder with all the memtest files, nothing shows up inside the folder.

O I think I downloaded a Linux version which would explain the readme :)

*edit* so i burned it, now what? lol

MemTest 3.2
try to google serach their is a version run under windows no need for boostable disk or diskette.
but it is alwais better for more accurate to run the bootsable version

Ya that was the version I donwloaded, but I'm confused as how to run it.

Back