• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP ON PICKING GOOD RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

I am going to pick a DFI lanparty ultra-D socket 939 motherboard. It says it can support over 4 gigs of RAM because it has 4 RAM banks. What kind of RAM should I get. Im looking for 1GB RAM sticks. Let me know if you got any information on the type, kind and background of the RAM.

Thanks,
WeezleXX89

You dont need more than 2gb and if you wanna OC you dont want more than 2 dimms occupied.

Just pick up any of the most raved about ddr500 2x1024gb kits in the forums, gskill,mushin,ocz are good.

You can consolidate all your need parts help threads into 1 thread also.

right now we have a promo going with newegg... 991483 and if u use mushkinrocks when u check out you get instant $30 to spend on something else a newegg.

Duonger

cool.....This might sound stupid but what does OC stand for? something about power supply right.

what type of pins should I use for RAM, 168-Pin SDRAM, 184-Pin DDR SDRAM, or 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM?

it depends on what motherboard you have an what it is asking for

168 pin is sdram- pc133/pc100/pc66
184 pin is ddr- pc3200/pc2700/pc2100
240pin is ddr2 pc4200/pc5300

Duonger

Back