• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 Lost Instruction Book

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eclypsyr

Okay, here's the deal. I was trying to install the 1.22 patch and it errored, screwed things up so I was trying to do a reinstall to fix the problem. A while ago when I was cleaning up my desk I was throwing things away and I don't generally keep the instruction book because I don't have any need for it, but I forgot that the cd key was on the back.

Now, I heard that I can take a picture of my disks or send them to EA and I can be issued a new key, does anyone know the validity of this? If it's true, do you know who I'm supposed to contact?

Thanks,

Jon

i heard this is true with cracked disks that have been in the drive since the game came out (for a fee).. but not sure about getting a new key.. coz anyone could just try that old trick just to get a spare key for a spare pc in the house.. not sayin your trying to pull a fast one.. but thats how they may see it... just email EA and hope.

Yeah, I guess it's worth a shot. The only reason the book had been out of the case is because I had a patch problem like this before and had to reinstall in February. At this point I feel pretty stupid in throwing it away.

it is actually encrypted in the registry hives and the key was probably deleted if he has uninstalled it. Not much chance of recovering it using an undelete utility either because it was not really its own file. If EA tech support wasn't lazy they could just look up the key he has used to play on his account. I'm certain they log such things.

do you really need one? Isn't it all kept on your account? Maybe I have just used Steam and Guild Wars too much to think so.

Well I just emailed EA, attached a picture of my BF2 disk / case, with a note by it listing my EA Account name, both MP BF2 accounts I have with passwords, and the date and time at the bottom in which the picture was taken.

It's a start.

I have to mail them my disc / contact info, plus $10 if I want a new serial. Ugh.

Eclypsyr said:
I have to mail them my disc / contact info, plus $10 if I want a new serial. Ugh.

That is not to harsh. It should cover the cost of the new disk and shipping. :shrug: Glad you got some action getting this resolved.

Enablingwolf said:
That is not to harsh. It should cover the cost of the new disk and shipping. :shrug: Glad you got some action getting this resolved.

Yeah, you're right, it's pretty reasonable compared to purchasing a new game. From what my emails back and forth with support, this would have been infinitely easier if I had registered my game, which I never do. I can promise you now that I'm registering every game I purchase from here on out.

when i lost my key i bought a new one off ebay, works perfectly it was 20 dollars and i got it immediatly works fine online.

Back