• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with REing a program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mad_pc_man

Hi,
I recently got out the dusty box of "sim theme park" it wouldnt work on xp, so i though i would just have a play around. I decompiled it using ResHacker, and found, to my surprise, a whole load of extra options, (used in debugging i think), however i want to enable some of these, but being by no means a developer, i dont know how. Could someone please tell me how to enable this "menu".

SEE SCREENIE AT "http://www.freewebtown.com/liquidlaser/tp2.jpg"

Last edited:
its not the getting it to run its more the nabling of that menu, if nobody here knows, could they point me in the right direction of a developers forums?

Judging by you use a decompiler I would guess you are familer with HexEditors? If so you could try and see if its values are set to jump that part of the program. Would go into a little more detail (though I have not worked with one in awhile anyway) but I am not even sure if that is allowed here.

I'd stay away from any discussion involving decompiling. While the rules do not specificially prohibit discussion on it (the closest is "ABSOLUTELY no posting of Warez (Pirated Software), Cracks or links to Warez or Cracks sites"), decompilation is a no-no what with the DMCA and the EULA that probably came with Sim Theme Park, and I'm sure you guys know we frown on posting stuff that could be considered illegal.

From what I've seen, Resource Hacker itself isn't really a decompiler since it only exposes resources. It does not expose assembly language or higher-language "code" of the program. If enabling the dialog through resource hacker or other methods not involving decompilation is possible, I see no reason posting them would be disallowed. :)

JigPu

Back