• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel's Multi-core Roadmap: No Details!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowPho

I am in your stack, SUBbing your registers!
Linky

I read the article and it doesnt sound like it gets better proccesor wise. I was aso extremly surprised by Radioactive cores???!?!?!!?
:shrug: So now if us overclockers decide to make CPU flat, and take off too much, we get radioactivity?

Also..
While obviously not covered at this conference, our sources at AMD confirmed that they are pinning their next generation CPUs on an organic technology which enables their CPUs to breed multiple cores as needed over time, a very exciting concept.

That just sounds like April Fool's Day.

Well, even if he was serious, he got the detail wrong. My source says that he is missing the correct introduction date for Madison. We will really see it for the first time on March 16th. Oddly enough, Intel will be making the announcement at 5:51 pm. (17:51 for those who use 24 hour time).

I'd rather remove the IHS and get all mutated and stuff. There's no way lead can transfer heat very well, or be non-poisonous :p

Man, when I was viewing this I must've been too tired/gone...actually took it half-seriously...thought the astrology bit was the only tongue-in-cheek part.

Viewed it again this morning and chuckled somewhat at a seemingly forced attempt at being funny.

Joe, keep reviewing cooling products. Please. :p

hmmm...intersting.
when I saw the multi core, I though of staking them...or whatever.
That would lead to probable heat problems...if they are stacked, the bottom one have more heat? or not...I dont know thermal dynamics...there would be hotspots though I assume. Plus, unless that compiler is hardware (I dont know about architecture of processors much) it would be the same as a cluster computer, right?
**wanders off into nothingness and ununderstanding

dz_jad said:
hmmm...intersting.
when I saw the multi core, I though of staking them...or whatever.
That would lead to probable heat problems...if they are stacked, the bottom one have more heat? or not...I dont know thermal dynamics...there would be hotspots though I assume. Plus, unless that compiler is hardware (I dont know about architecture of processors much) it would be the same as a cluster computer, right?
**wanders off into nothingness and ununderstanding

Stacking...Legos...I hope the chips come with the little men which can ride inside of them whose heads come off...

Back