• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU pinsolder project #2!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Man! I did it for sure this time. It aint pretty but its on there and standing straight. I got this 478 2.8 P4 from Cjwinnit over in Limey-land. :cool: But we loves our limey-bros ehh? :)

Sorry for the crappy pic...

Attachments

• DSCF0950 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0950 (Small).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 474
finished product...its got a small glob but I'm gonna leave it. Last time I tried to remove a little glob like that I lost the pin and damaged the plastic coating on the substrate.

Attachments

• DSCF0951 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0951 (Small).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 469
Man I just learned how to solder a little while back, and it is fun, after I finished my initial task I went around looking for stuff to fix with solder.

I gotta say that is a skillfull soldering job in an incredibly tight place, I assume the CPU works fine?

I don't know if it works...due to no 478 socket mobo to test it in. I did this for free for a forum bro.

it looks so easy because your pictures are close up, but as soon as i take a look at one of the chips i have sitting around i gotta say damn, nice job :)

clear coating on the pcb that bubled up when my soldering iron got to close

So I was looking into getting some bent pin amd cpu's. So can you explain a process of repairing / replacing cpu pins?

Back