Notices

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.
Forum Jump

wi-fi no internet hlp plz

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 04:24 AM Thread Starter   #1
bardos

wi-fi no internet hlp plz

I am working on someone's computer, winXP sp2 which has internet down. They have a wi-fi conection to a router in another room. The thing is I am able to ping the modem, the other computer and on the network just fine. Also the network wi-fi properties has all the green lights on and says that the network has been found and receiving fine. But not able to get out with internet, either with the browser or with ms messenger etc. no viruses or spyware found. The other computer can surf fine. I did a reinstall of winxp to no avail. I was wondering if perhaps the user had inadvertantly disabled a service, as i recall once doing a reinstall to fix an audio problem on another computer which turned out to be a windows audio service problem and the reinstall did not re-enable the service. any ideas appreciated.

thx.

Graphic Card: radeon 6750
HDs: Intel 330 60gb ssd, 1tb samsung 103SJ, 500gb wd,
bardos is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-04-06, 08:14 AM   #2
wa77ss

I think they may have a wireless internet setting disabled on the router. I know for sure that Linksys routers have this option and it seems that it fits the symptoms. Can you list what network hardware is being used ? Router, adapter ... etc ?

Heatware
wa77ss is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-04-06, 08:19 AM Thread Starter   #3
bardos

i'm at home now, but as i recall it was lynksys router and cards. i didn't see a button on the router, but i'll check again.
thx

Graphic Card: radeon 6750
HDs: Intel 330 60gb ssd, 1tb samsung 103SJ, 500gb wd,
bardos is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.